Thursday, June 10, 2010

They just keep going and going and going...


Watching Lily grow up has been one of the greatest blessings.  I feel so lucky to have her in my life!

Her personality shone through from day one.  She's always been very energetic, opinionated, loving, and talkative!  The older she's gotten though the harder she's become to photograph!  She has a love hate relationship with my camera that becomes oh so apparent in the photos that I get.  I'll share a photoshoot from last year.  Addison was only a couple of weeks old and taking one of her many long naps, so I loaded the girls up in the car and took Lily to the park to play. 





She sat nice and still with her big fake smile for a total of 5 seconds.  It was fantastic.  I usually only get 3 seconds!





I've got twelve of these.  We stopped by 7-11 for a slurpee and she wanted to make sure that I got a picture of her tongue while it was blue.





She then ran around like a 4 year old who had too much slurpee picking up flowers.  You may think this smile is cute,  I know it to be the smile that means she is done taking photos. 

Leave me alone Momma Velvet, you're cramping my flower picking style.





At this point I just have to follow her around like a lost puppy.  I'm happy with the photos as long as I'm not getting glared at!  I end up with 40 photos of stinky eyebrows or the back of her head most of the time!





It used to bug me a lot.  I've recently realized though that I don't like the posed, fake smile photos!  I love all the glares.  I love all the crazy jumping.  I love all the wierd faces.  I especially love all the genuine smiles, and although they may be few and far between they make them that much better! 




Because I'd much rather have photos that capture HER.

Because she's wonderful just the way she is :)





Crazy slurpee faces and all!

Love you Monster :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive