Monday, July 4, 2011

Husband Win.

Paul woke me up on Saturday morning to dressed and bathed children and a request that I get ready to go out for a walk.

I fed the little and then headed off to my shower all by *myself!

(*showering by my lonesome does NOT happen often in my life right now so that was a wonderful surprise!)

When I got out I noticed that my lovely sister was calling me.

I answered and she asked me "Where did Paul take you for your very 1st anniversary?"

For our first anniversary as boyfriend and girlfriend Paul took me up to Larch Mountain after we purchased my very first camera!

She told me that's where I was headed next!

To be honest I was kind of dreading the thought of getting all 3 girls up to the top of that mountain.

A soft knock on the bathroom door.

"Hey babe.  Your Mom and Dad are here.  They're going to watch the girls for us.  Get ready!"

I got ready as quick as I could, grabbed my camera, kissed the girls and headed out the door!

When we got to Larch Mountain we started heading up the path and found this...


4ft high drifts of SNOW!

I did a little mountain climbing and snow manuevering in my flip flops and we made it to the top!

It was an absolutely beautiful morning!


We could literally see all the mountains.


Paul suggested that we "re-take" our save the date photo.


And then a nice lady offered to take a photo of us together.

My phone started ringing again at this point and it was my best friend Anne calling me!

I answered her phone call with my normal "What up Gangsta?!"

Her reply...

"Paul told me I have to ask you this...

Where were you when you first told him that you pooped?"

Backstory:

When Paul and I were dating I tried to convince him that girls don't poop. It's innapropriate and disgusting and it was not something that I, as a classy lady, participated in.

On our wedding day, while we were getting post ceremony couple photos taken, I whispered lovingly in his ear that I had a secret to confess.

"Babe... I poop."

Needless to say he was highly dissapointed that our marriage started off based on a lie.

SO!

We were headed to Glenn Otto Park next!

As we walked to the back of the park where the ceremony took place I noticed our picnic blanket and a subway meal!


Paul had made sure to have someone get my favorite sandwich to the park in time for us to get there.

We enjoyed our meal and talked about our favorite parts of the wedding day.

We both came to the conclusion that our bridal party and family made everything so wonderful and stress free for us!

It was so nice to be able to know that they were able to get everything done that needed to be done and did so willingly and happily.

We have some absolutely amazing friends!


We spent at least an hour laying around enjoying the afternoon talking about nothing and everything.


We really did pick a beautiful spot to commit to each other!


He even appeased me and let me recreate our first kiss as husband in wife!

Then he showed me the movie tickets he'd purchase for Transformers 3D.

It was too funny because I had spent 5 minutes talking with him and trying to figure out a day that we could go see it!

So we packed up and headed off to the movies.

After 2 hours and 40 minutes of epic Transformer battle scenes and unrealistic stilletto wearing we headed off to the park to play with our babies!

Mom and Dad had taken them to our favorite park to get them out of the house and I was missing them like crazy!

We played for an hour or so and then Paul suggested going to dinner at La Carreta and inviting Mom and Dad along.

Not cooking sounded fantastical to me so I agreed easily.

He told me that Dad needed to go get the car which was at our place so he was going to drive Dad back and leave the van for Mom and I to take the girls to dinner in.

We packed up the girls and headed off to dinner only to find my inlaws there also!

So we all enjoyed dinner together at the place where Paul "officially" proposed to me and gave me my ring.

He'd proposed to me before that but he didn't have a ring at the time because he wanted me to pick out the one I wanted.

Once we'd picked it out together he arranged for everyone to be at La Carreta waiting for us so that they could all see him get down on one knee and put a ring on it!

The whole restaraunt clapped.

It was awesome!

At this point I was sure that Paul and I's anniversary celebrating was over.

Boy was I wrong.

My BFFE Naomi was calling me!

"Where were you when you watched the Rose Festival last month?"

OH MY GOSH.

Am I staying in a hotel tonight?!


Rose petals.


My favorite flowers!


Big girls drinks in the bar on the roof!!!

I don't know if you can tell...

I was ridiculously excited.

My husband planned the PERFECT day for me.

I love that he took me to places that mean something to both of us.

I love that he knew I'd miss my girls way too much if I didn't get to see them for at least a little bit of my day.

I especially love that he made sure to pack half of my closet so that I'd have something to dress up in for our rooftop nightcap!



I love my husband!

I love that he loves me!

I love that making me happy makes him happy!

I also love that he rocks the chain and turtle neck sweater!

What else would you expect after such a fantastic day?!

Goodnight!


2 comments:

  1. Definite husband win. Happy Anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom told me all about this on Sunday when she had the girls. What a great fella! EPIC husband win!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive