Friday, January 20, 2012

Moments...

I read a fantastic article yesterday that you can find here.

In short, the writer is telling Moms that it's not always easy to Carpe Diem but that you should enjoy those small moments during the day where you notice your children and can't help but say 'Wow'.

The article really struck a chord with me, because as a Mom of three beautiful little ladies I don't always...and here's the shocker... I don't ALWAYS enjoy this 'Mommy' business.

The days AND nights are long.

I get spit on.

Chewed on.

Yelled at.

Slapped.

Head butted.

Ignored.

Along with that 'fun' list of things I also become a referee, villian, a boss, boo boo fixer, jungle gym and master butt wiper.

That's the small list people.

During all of my day to day homemaking though I get small moments of complete joy.

Where I look at my babies and can't help but be in awe of how absolutely perfect they are.

How I would do absolutely anything to make sure they were safe.

I just stare and wish there was some way to explain to them exactly how much they mean to me and how they've completed mine and their fathers lives.

How amazing it is to watch these human beings that we created show love and compassion to their sisters.


Seize the moments people.

Because once they've passed...


You're back to referee and boo boo fixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers