Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bump Update!

I realized I haven't had a bump update in a while.

The last time I put up a bump update was a very eventful day.

Not 30 minutes after I put up the post I was in the emergency room worried about a possible miscarriage.

Without going into too much gorey detail... there was lots of gore for around 4 hours.

Vague enough for you?

Anyway, they ended up doing an ultrasound and Scarlett was super active and had a strong heartbeat, but part of my amniotic sac had detached from body parts it was supposed to be attached to... thus the "gore".

So the ER sent me home with a "We're super lamesauce, and there's nothing we can do, you might, you might not, we'll never know even though we went to TONS of medical school and are charging you a ridonculous amount of money."

I've been on a sort of "Bed Rest" for the last 9 weeks or so.  No running, jumping, jet skiing, competitive weightlifting, etc; for me!  In return though, my little Scarlett is happy and healthy and still baking in the oven :)




I'd call this a pregnancy/belly success!

Prayers are of course still needed as they haven't taken any restrictions away, but baby is happy and healthy and at 23 weeks gestation (if for some horrible reason something went wrong) my little Scarlett has a chance of surviving outside of the cozy little dysfunctional home I've made for her :)




Once she's outside of this polka dot accessorized home though...





All bets are off.

I make 'em special.

1 comment:

Followers